Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Finally...the fish showed up!

FINALLY caught my first fish of 2013! I was starting to forget what the tug of a fish felt like at the end of the line. Haha

I caught a small large mouth bass, 16 bluegill/sunfish, and 2 overgrown golden roaches (I presume). I do still need to shake the rust off of my hook setting skills, because, I missed 2 very nice large mouth bass. One of them had to be at least 3 lbs. Thing's are on the up!!



I assume that this was a golden roach that just survived winter and being eaten, after being dumped in the lake after an unsucessful day of fishing. Your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Justin
    Fantastic catch, for the first outing of this year. Looking forward to some more great post. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fishing should only get better from here on out. That last fish does look like a shad used for bait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, far the fishing has taken a few steps back with the monsoon we experienced here, but I know it will get better from here on out!

      Delete
  3. Awesome job. Catching a bunch of small ones beats catching one decent one in my book. Glad you finally got some action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't matter to me either. I just love to catch fish! As long as they're biting, I'm smiling and enjoying myself.

      Delete