Friday, February 13, 2015

Fly Tying video...failed.

So, I attempted to make a fly tying video, and this screen shot from the footage was the only thing worth sharing. Maybe next time....


Here's a cool video from Fly Fishing the Ozarks. These Iron Fly events hosted by Pig Farm Ink look pretty cool, and fun. A great way to get people who haven't tied involved. It's a completely different way to promote the sport, but I believe it's perfect for the times today. I hope to partake in one of these events this year, where, I don't know, so, we shall see!

6 comments:

  1. Love the video. I just signed up this week to do an iron tie event. Ha, we shall see how it goes and what the mystery material will be. In ours you have to do a dry, a streamer, and a nymph. 1 1/2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to what you think of the event! I'm thinking about getting one going out here in Chicago. Should be fun! Where is yours taking place?

      Delete
  2. Also, regarding the Antron Yarn. You can find it at most fly shops or even online for super cheap. Here is a link to one place: http://www.jsflyfishing.com/hareline-antron-yarn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen some at Cabelas the other day. Thought about picking it up, but thought about all the materials I have to use up at the moment. ha. Next time. Once I use up some of the stock I have, I'll be looking to tie something new.

      Delete
  3. Zelon is also a possibility. You can find it wherever Antron is sold. Good fly tying videos aren't easy to make. You can probably Google some tips from experts on line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize that while shooting. It was terrible. I couldn't stop laughing at my bumbling self while viewing the footage. Hope you're doing well, Howard!

      Delete