Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tube Flies

Recently, I won a contest hosted by Misfit Fly Co. and was sent a goodie bag of their misfit holo heads, and an some tube tying material.

So, far I am really digging these! Not a lot of material to tie on, and you can create a big body or small body using the discs that you can add to the tube.

Here are my first 2 attempts. I am very happy with the first attempt, except I think it could have used a smidge more material. My second attempt was the complete opposite. It could have used less.

Oh well, there's always next time! Can't wait to tie more.


1st attempt is about 5-6 inches long.

Biggest fly I have tied to date. I will most likely trim it about an inch, but we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. Those look solid. I am sure some big nasty will love devouring those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We shall see when they're put to the test in October up North.

      Delete
  2. Justin
    Cool stuff, my first to hear of these--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could introduce you to new things in fly fishing, Bill!

      Delete
  3. That blue fly looks great. I'm going to have to check Misfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cool product, man. I can't believe how light they are.

      Delete