Monday, November 13, 2017

WINTER IS HERE

Winter has definitely arrived, and fast.  The weather I've been experiencing up here in Minnesota is usually what I expect toward the end of December and January.  My vise is out and fly tying is in full swing here at CARF Headquarters.


With winters arrival comes ice, and up here in Minnesota a whole new season of fishing begins.  Hard Ice season aka Ice Fishing but my homie Jay "Lord Boogie" Johnson calls it "Man Fishing."  I have a sonar, but nothing else.  I'm in the market for a rod, auger, jigs, and some homies that want to get out and hit the hard water here in Minnesota.

A whole new world of gear for me.  I'm kind of a sucker for gear, too.  I've been eyeballing the 13 Fishing Descent and Free Fall Ghost Reels.  I've never used them.  They visually make me happy, and I know that's not a good way to shop for gear.  Suggestions for rods, reels, and line welcome!!

Frozen shoreline on the Rum River.

No comments:

Post a Comment