Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happy Customer and Catch

One of my most recent customers had an awesome outing on a river here in Illinois. He was able to hook up with about 7 northern pike with the first flies that he has purchased from me. He was more than pleased with the flies, and the pike were, as well - just look at that smile. :)

CHEESE!

I love hearing about people having success with something that I created. Nothing pleases me more!

I've been sick for the past 5 days. Bummer, because, it was extremely nice out this past weekend with weather in the 40's. I am hoping that I will be able to get out and we a line this upcoming weekend. Fingers Crossed!

8 comments:

  1. nice testimonial to your fly-tying skills! :) get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Northern Pike smile. Yup, I've seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really enjoy showing their teeth, don't they, Mark.

      Delete
  3. Always great, as you say, when someone uses some of your flies and catches some nice fish. Sure keeps a fly tyer motivated...................... Get to feeling better, those fish have been on break long enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, Mel! Gives me some confidence if I was ever to visit the waters they fished. I'll know what to use :)

      Delete
  4. I tied some flies for The River Damsel and she kindly posted some pictures of what the fish did to them and she said they worked really well. That's a good feeling since I didn't feel they were my best flies. Get Well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all so critical of ourselves, especially, when it comes to a craft. It's funny, because, there have been many times I have gone out with flies that I tied that I thought looked like garbage, but the fish didn't seem to think so. I always get a good laugh at that.

      Delete