Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Musky Show

Show season begins here in Chicagoland...
First up was the Chicago Musky Show, at Harper College in Palatine, IL.

I've gone to this show the past 3 years, and the it is clear that they have lost some vendors. Cortland was the only booth there this year that had fly fishing stuff, but only for showcase. I really just attend this show to see all of the beautifully handcrafted lures, ice cream, and to hang out with my friends that enjoy chucking 2x4s for musky.

Highlights of the show (for me)...

1. There were these handcrafted beautiful wood boats there, that I did dare to ask how much one would cost. One thing that really stood out was the bada$$ hood ornament....which was a musky.

2. The ice cream is always a highlight of this show. Unfortunately, the vendor does not have a store, and only does fairs, fests, and craft show.

3. Snakes! I am not a fan of snakes, but I was feeling saucy and decided that I wanted to hold one. A custom rod builder had some live snakes at his booth as a way to draw people in, to see the rods he builds. He incorporates snake skin into some of his builds for some extra fanciness.

Next show is the Chicagoland outdoor show...which is our big show, and I am very much looking forward to this one.

Beautiful
Another shot.
Fish-Dank with the Yum Yum Ice Cream lady. Such nice people and outstanding ice cream!
Not a huge fan of snakes. I believe this is the first snake I've ever held.
7" musky tubes I bought for a friend.

2 comments:

  1. Snakes are cool. Those tubes are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes are cool to look at, but I am no fan of them when they're nearby in the wild...if I don't know the species. That's the right word for those tubes, and to think....those were the small ones at 7". I believe they went up to 10". OUTRAGEOUS! Haha

    ReplyDelete