Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Skunked Fox

Went out with my buddy Danny to the Fox River. He and our other friend The Fat Gordo did really well at this spot a few weeks ago catching some nice smallies.

My weapon of choice was my fly rod and various flies. This produced absolutely nothing  =)

Danny started off with a jig n craw, but missed a few strikes. On the wade back he switched to a gold inline spinner and caught a few small smallies, and then a quillback as we were about to step out of the river and call it a day.

Here are the few pictures I took from the day.
We couldn't find anyone hiding...Either they're really good at hiding or they're no longer oppressed. :)


Never seen one of these. Had some help ID'ing it.

2 comments:

  1. That is the first Quillback I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. A surprise is always waiting at the end of the line in murky water.

    ReplyDelete