Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lunch Time Bass

With the new job, I am able to step away from the office and down the street to a local forest preserve lake, Busse Woods. I kayak and fish this lake often. Tons of people come here to fish, kayak, jog, and bike.

Once I get there on my lunch break, what do you think I do?
A. Kayak
B. Fish
C. Jog
D. Nap
E. Skateboard

If you guessed "B" you answered correctly. If I were to nap in my car, I'd just stay in the parking lot at work and maximize my napping time. All of the other things I listed, I just don't have time for on my lunch, but you can bet I'll be doing one of those on the weekends.

Not a bad way to end the work week. Friday lunch time bass!
Caught this little guy on a KVD rattle trap. I really need to start leaving my fly rods set up, lined, and ready to go in my car. 

7 comments:

  1. lucky you! nice way to break up the workday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like being lucky enough to fish close to where you work. I mean work close to where you can fish. Throw that fly rod in your car!

      Delete
    2. Oh, my fly rods are in my car, but they're in their tubes. I keep my baitcaster on the the inside roof of my car with bungees. I never know when I'm going to take the dogs somewhere, so, I don't want to risk breaking the rods. I'll think of something.

      Delete
  3. Justin, the KVD Rattle Trap strikes again. Good work. I love fishing local ponds as often as I can........................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It's a search bait just like a spinner bait or spoon. Just looks sort of like a fish and has a loud rattle, and it works haha

      Delete