Monday, February 9, 2015

Warm Water Discharge

With the temperature in the high 30's, again. I just had to wet a line, so, I went to the only place that I knew would have open water. It's a place we refer to around here as the WWD (Warm Water Discharge). The water never freezes there, and all of the fish congregate to the area....bluegill, crappie, bass, huge shad, carp, goldfish, and musky.


While the fish are clearly visible with a good set of polorized sunglasses, they are not incredibly easy to catch, to me anyway. I have a friend Geo who is an excellent angler and the big fish always seem to find the end of his line. Check him out on Instagram - GEOFISHING 

I did manage to hook up with a bluegill before moving to a part of the WWD that I have never fished before.


Whoa! I caught a heart shaped bluegill, just in time for Valentines Day! My GF is surly going to love this freak of nature. :)


After moving to a part of the discharge I have never fished. I finally got a solid hook up!!!! It was like I was stuck to a log....and it turns out I was. Oh well. I absolutely hate when this happens, and I try my best to retrieve the line and lure. I could care less about the jig, but I don't like leaving line out there, but sometimes you really don't have a choice. It unfortunate.


But if it's line left in a place that reachable, like the ground, I pick it up, and stuff it in a pocket. I hate seeing pictures of birds and other animals caught up by these lines that are just left out there. I mean really, is it that hard to take back with you? Apparently, it is, and I wish I could give them a swift kick in the ass for not picking it up themselves.

LEAVE NO TRACE

5 comments:

  1. you're funny. now, you could make a nice heart out of your rod/line caught on the log!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I actually did edit the picture on my phone after you pointed that out. Great idea!

      Delete
  2. During the winter months I believe in any port in a storm...works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the title of this post, I was "relieved" to read that it was about fishing.
    What girl wouldn't love a heart made of bluegill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA!!!!! That's is absolutely hilarious. Never thought about it that way. We'll find out what my GF thinks. Ha That would be some catch.

      Delete