Monday, March 31, 2014

Change of mind

I had all the materials out on the desk ready to tie a bunch of size 14 / 16 flies. Before opening up any of the materials, I stared at my vise for a few moments, and a certain fish that has eluded me crossed my mind.

Musky.

The big hooks in my hook storage were just calling to me it seemed. So, I packed up all of the materials I had already placed neatly on my desk, and begun to pull out some 5/0 hooks, foam, buck tail, flash, and grizzly hackle.

The end result.

This should attract some bass, pike, and hopefully, musky.

This is the year.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We shall see. I am going to bring it to Florida with me with hopes of seeing a monster Florida largemouth explode on it!

      Delete
  2. Love the look of that fly, what is it called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! I do not have a name for it. Mean Green? haha

      Delete