Monday, March 10, 2014

An Icy Wade

I went fishing.

Checked out my favorite creek in search of some early season smallies, but the outing didn't last long. Much of the creek was still covered in about 3 inches of ice. I spent 1/3 of my time pretending to be an ice breaker. That stopped when I couldn't break any more ice to wade through, and when I got bored of watching the mini icebergs float down stream. (Also, because, I realized that I probably looked like a clown out there.)



No fish were caught.

No fish were seen.

Went home and took a nap.

Yawn.

8 comments:

  1. Do you ever feel like a total dork using that stick with the GoPro to do selfies? I would. I just threw up a little in my mouth saying selfie. I hate that term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sometimes, I do, but not really. It comes in handy when I'm out by myself, and don't have anyone around to snap a photo for me, just in case I do catch something.

      Delete
  2. I'm ready for some smallmouth action already...if the weather stays decent it shouldn't be long and I'll be out giving them a go too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather we enjoyed here in Illinois yesterday should have melted most of the ice I seen on my favorite creek. A possible return this weekend is quite possible! I hope the same goes for you, man! I need me some smallie action!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Indeed! Already planning to go out again later this week. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. tough conditions but the urge is to strong to just get out there and fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Things are on the up! Hopefully, we'll be seeing open water soon!

      Delete