Thursday, April 11, 2019

Ted Hansen Art

Recently, I stopped by Ted Hansen's studio to pick up some stickers and a smallmouth bass canvas print I had ordered from his Etsy shop.  During my visit we had a beer, ate some Girl Scout Cookies, spun some Hank Williams and Bob Dylan on the record player, and bounce around some ideas for this summer.

Classic.
During out chat, Ted set up a blank canvas on his easel and started to paint the entire thing red.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes of that piece since I got to see it from the start.

Blank canvas meets Ted Hansen and red paint.
At the beginning of the year, Ted has taken up a challenge other artists have done in the past to invoke some new ideas.  He has been doing a daily piece - Study a Day.  After he was finished painting the base layer of red on the blank canvas, he grabbed a pencil and a pad of sketch paper (I think), and began whipping up daily study #97 of 365.

Working on daily study #97.
Ted Hansen is incredibly talented artist, and all around rad dude.  You should totally check out his art, and give him a follow on the socials.

Ted Hansen Socials/Website

Minnesota Fly Fishing Artists

2 comments:

  1. Painting is a talent I have none of. I can paint a house through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in that same boat, Mark!

    ReplyDelete