Friday, December 8, 2017

MEND PROVISIONS: ALT CHURCH 12/03/2017

It's Winter Sunday morning, and you feel like tying flies.  You sit down at your vise, and you're just not feeling it that morning.  It's probably because you sit there and tie in the same room by yourself all of the time.  Well, I have a solution to pick up your winter fly tying spirits.  Every Sunday throughout Winter unless social media notified, Mend Provisions will be hosting open tying from 10 AM - 3 PM at Mend HQ.

The Mend Provisions SJW tool is an essential and should be in everyone's fly tying tool kit.
The first open tie was Sunday 12/03/2017, and I attended after a night of staying up too late eating ice cream, drinking beer, and watching Saving Private Ryan until 3 AM.  I know what you're thinking, "Man, I wish I could party just like CARF!"  Don't you all worry about that either, I am working on a book titled, "Hey Man, do you want to party like CARF!?"  It's set to be released when pigs fly, so, that should be very soon.
 

During my time at Mend HQ, I tied up some carp bugs that I thought out in my head, and I'm thinking that these things are going to be great.  What do carp love more than corn....candy corn! Duh!  It was real easy for me to come up with a name for these carp treats - CARF's Candy Corn.
 
There were quite a few people that came in tied for a bit and had to go, and if you're reading this, it was nice to meet you all (Dan, Brent, and Dave...I think).  There was another guy there by the name of Cody, and he was tying up some very nice streamers.  Alt Church was a perfect way for him to get some tying done, and talk fishing before he had to start work that afternoon.

Cody McLean whipping up some streamers.
If you're familiar with Abel Reels, you most definitely have seen the Johnny Cash reel pictures floating around on the internet.  I finally got to see it in person, and I just have to say, "DAMN."  My photograph does it no justice at all.  In person and in professional photographs this real is an eye catcher.  There's no doubt in my mind if I were to own it, it would just sit on display somewhere I can just look at it all the time.

Abel Reels - Johnny Cash reel.  Damn. That's a gorgeous reel.
Alt Church open tie is every Sunday throughout Winter from 10 - 3 PM
 
MEND PROVISIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment